_Imperfect Tense,[17] Indicative Mood_.
+---------------------------------------------------------
| =Hablar=. | =Temer=. | =Partir=. |
+---------------------------------------------------------
|Yo hablaba | Yo temia | Yo partia |
| (I spoke), etc. | (I feared), etc. | (I departed),etc. |
|Tu hablabas | Tu temias | Tu partias |
|El _or_ Ella | El _or_ Ella | El _or_ Ella |
| hablaba | temia | partia |
|Nosotros) hablabamos | Nosotros) temiamos | Nosotros) partiamos |
|Nosotras) | Nosotras) | Nosotras) |
|Vosotros) hablabais | Vosotros) temiais | Vosotros) partiais |
|Vosotras) | Vosotras) | Vosotras) |
|Ellos) hablaban | Ellos) temian | Ellos) partian |
|Ellas) | Ellas) | Ellas) |
|V. hablaba (you | V. temia (you | V. partia (you |
| (_s._) spoke) | (_s._) feared) | (_s._) parted) |
|Vs. hablaban (you | Vs. temian (you | Vs. partian (you |
| (_pl._) spoke) | (_pl._) feared) | (_pl._) parted) |
+----------------------------------------------------------------------+
_Past Definite,[17] Indicative Mood_.
+----------------------------------------------------------------------+
| =Hablar=. | =Temer=. | =Partir=. |
+----------------------------------------------------------------------+
|Hable[18] | Temi[18] | Parti[18] |
| (I spoke), etc. | (I feared), etc. | (I departed), etc.|
|Hablaste | Temiste | Partiste |
|Hablo | Temio | Partio |
|Hablamos | Temimos | Partimos |
|Hablasteis | Temisteis | Partisteis |
|Hablaron | Temieron | Partieron |
| | | |
|V. hablo | V. temio | V. partio |
|Vs. hablaron | Vs. temieron | Vs. partieron |
+----------------------------------------------------------------------+
[Footnote 17: The Imperfect tense describes a past action or state _in
progress_; the Past Definite narrates _an event_. Ex.: I met (_past def._)]
Charles, who wore (_imp._) a black hat: Encontre a Carlos quien llevaba
sombrero negro.]
[Footnote 18: The Subject-Pronoun may be left understood, and is generally
omitted unless special stress is laid upon it.]
VOCABULARY.
=aleman=[19], German
=beber=, to drink
=bien=, well
=cafe=, coffee
=cerveza=, beer
=clavel=, carnation
=cliente=, client, customer
=comer=, to eat
=escribir=[20], to write
=estudiar=, to study
=exportar=, to export
=extranjero=, foreigner
=ferreteria=, ironware
=grande= (_pl._ =grandes=), large
=hijo=, son
=hija=, daughter
=italiano=, Italian
=jardinero=, gardener
=leer=, to read
=manana=, morning, to-morrow
=manzana=, apple
=maquina=, machine
=mesa=, table
=mi=, my
=mucho= (_m._), much
=mucha= (_f._), much
=muy=, very
=pera=, pear
=pero=, but
=pobre=, poor
=?que?= what?
=que=, that, who, which
=rosa=, rose
=su=, his, her, their
=su ... de V=., your
=te=, tea
=el ... de V=., your
=vino=, wine
=violeta=, violet
[Footnote 19: Adjectives of nationality are written with small letters.]
[Footnote 20: Past Participle is "Escrito," otherwise regular.]
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment